Relocation And Modification Of Custody Agreements

Most custody judgements have clauses prohibiting the custodial parent from removing the minor child from the state. These clauses are typically added to permit both parents to play an active role in the child’s life. However, there are a variety of circumstances where removing the child from the state would be in the child’s best interests. In these instances, the court must be petitioned and the custody agreement must be modified.

A custody agreement may also be modified when it is no longer workable or when it is no longer in the child’s best interests. Where a guardian or parent is no longer fit to care for the child or where the current parenting schedule is no longer in the best interests of the child, a court may order a change in a custody judgment.

Courts closely scrutinize the modification of any custody judgment. Accordingly, the ability to modify a custody judgment will be very fact-dependent and will vary from case to case.   Make sure to fully inform your custody lawyer about the facts and circumstances of your case.

– Jim O., Western Springs (from Yelp)

– Chris W., Chicago (from Yelp)

– Rebecca M., Chicago (from Yelp)

– Eric S., Albuquerque (from Yelp)

More Testimonials >

I am a happy client and recommend Lyn without hesitation. She is knowledgeable, pragmatic and is adept at working with other attorneys in a positive manner.

The efforts of this team were incredible and in touch with my sensitivity. After the first phone call I felt assured that I would be given the utmost attention and it was delivered!

The attorneys kept me up to date on the status of the issue and were always available to take my call. They were kind, professional and responsive.

I'm no fan of the lawyer class, but the Conniff folks definitely know their stuff. I can't imagine it getting any better than this. Two thumbs up!